Magento and osCommerce are widely used by all possible merchants to run online retail. Both platforms come with numerous features allowing store owners maintain their ecommerce websites with minimum effort. But what about Magento 2? The new version of the platform offers much more features than its predecessor, so it should have more competitive advantages in comparison with osCommerce.
Migrating from OSCommerce to Magento
What data can we migrate from osCommerce to Magento?
-Product Information: Product Name, Product Description, Quantity, Model, Available, Weight, Created Date, Modified Date , Price, Tax Class, etc.
– Product Images: Support to migrate all products images from source store to target store
– Product Attributes: Additional fields that may affect the price of product and have a couple of meanings, e.g. Color, Size, Material, etc.
– Product Extra Fields: Additional fields that do not affect the price of product and have no selective meanings, e.g. checkboxes, dropdownlist, radiobuttons.
– Product Variants: A specific item, it can be grouped with related variants together to form a product, e.g. an iPhone 6 gold,16GB storage has SKU of 1234 is one product variant of the iPhone product.
– Product Tags: The keyword you assign to your product. Tags describe a property of your product.
– Related Products: Products in the same category as the item a shopper is viewing
– Categories: Product categories constituting the major groups of products in the store.
– Image Categories: Images corresponding to the product categories.
– Customer information: First Name, Last Name, Email, Username, DOB, Phone,Home Address, Shipping Address, Billing Address, Registered Date, Status, etc.
– Customers Password: Support migrate Customer Passwords from osCommerce to Magento.
– Customer Groups: Allows to migrate customers preserving relationships with their groups
– Order Information: Customer Information, Billing Address, Shipping Address, Currency, Order Statuses, Totals, Created Date, etc.
– Order Details: List of products in an order, e.g. Product Name, Price, Quantity, etc. of each product in an order.
Redirect your old Source Store Products, Categories page URLs to the corresponding pages in your Magento, thus it helps to keep SEO ranking you have built up for years.
- Custom Fields
– Migrate Custom Fields: Support migrating custom fields of products, categories, customers and orders
– Review Information: Reviews of each product made by customer on your store including: Customers Name, Rating, Review, etc.
– Tax details: Name, Value, Value Type (percent or exact value in default currency), Created Date, etc.
– Manufacturers Information: Name, Description, URL, Meta Title, Meta Keywords, Meta Description, etc.
– Manufacturer Images: Images corresponding to product manufacturers in the store.
– List of currency rates
Why Choose MavenBird for OsCommerce to Magento 2.X
- We develop user-friendly, all browser and all devices compatible websites
- You’ll get a dedicated account manager and team for real-time maintenance & support during entire project execution
- We offer flexible engagement models for our clients
- You can get independently verified customer reviews
- Our developers adhere strictly to international coding guidelines & standards, quality, and timely project delivery
- Our project solutions offer seamless integration with other codes and APIs
- Prior to starting the development process, our project managers will thoroughly discuss your goals & requirements to ensure that you get the precise solution what you paid for
- You are bound to get the best value for money with us
- 8+ years of experience in the industry
- 3 state of the art offices
- Client Base: USA, UK, Australia and other European & Asian countries
- Worked on over 4000+ projects & have delivered successfully
- More than 40 full-time employees
- Google Certified Partner